I've been working on rosettes again and tried one out of Shimmer Sheetz. It is beautiful, but not an experiment that I will repeat because of the time and effort involved. Shimmer Sheetz is mylar and glue doesn't usually stick to it. I had to adhere the pieces of the rosette with staples and I used Glue dots to adhere it to the base and add the decorative layered star on top.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
I'm finally posting again. I couldn't wait to open my new Ribbons and Rosettes Cricut cartridge and I had to try out making a rosette to be used as a package decoration for Christmas. I welded several images together in the Cricut Craft room to make this rosette without having to glue so many pieces together. This way each rosette is only two pieces instead of 6 or so.
I couldn't get the Floral 3 rosette image to weld correctly in CCR, so I switched to the image called Scallop 3 and it worked out well. I cut both rosettes at 2 inches and then cut a little more than a quarter of an inch off the inner edge of the red rosette. I did it this way because, although I wanted my red rosette to be smaller so the gold rosette would show, I wanted all of the mountain and valley folds to match up exactly. Next time maybe I won't match them up and will just build the rosettes up in more of a pyramid.
I cut the scalloped circle from the Flower 7 image at 1.5 inches for the top circle and added an epoxy sticker. I just used a circle on the back to layer this all onto but could have used a different shape since it won't show. Used Glossy Accents to put all of this together but may try a hot glue gun like Tim Holtz suggests next time for faster drying.
This rosette will be on the present for my friend tomorrow like it is in the photo.
I hope to be back before Christmas, but if I'm not have a Blessed Christmas one and all!
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
I'm just checking in because I realized that I haven't posted anything in awhile. It's been busy with family things and movings, etc. I've also made it to some good sales and bought fairly large hauls at good prices. Nothing I've bought has been new and exciting though.
Hopefully, I'll make something soon and share. I will share that JoAnn's has the Distress colors of Coredinations 12 by 12 cardstock, by the individual sheets and they are on sale this week at 5/$1.00 Great price!
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Well it's been a month since I last posted but I've been busy. I thouhgt I'd share my new purchase with you today. I purchased the EK Success Le Flower Burst punch this week and love it. It's quite versatile.
I've used it on a page inside of this little book as a "tab". You can see it sticking out the right side of the book. I have also played with it, punching it repeatedly on both sides of a strip of cardstock, with a narrow rectangle in the middle that you can stamp a phrase on. Then I've also taken a strip and punched the flower on 2 opposing sides but close enough together to form a whole large flower.
Another idea that I haven't tried yet, but will soon, will be to cut a rectangle of cardstock and punch the flower burst once on the top and once on the bottom, to use the entire piece as a layer on a card with the stamped image in the center.
In the second photo, you can see how I used the flower as a tab on the "notes" page and then also used a second punched flower to fill in the area that is cut out of the upper part of the page.
This book was made from a Puffs tissue box, so I had to work with the shape that was already cut into the box.
This punch was rather expensive but I see a lot of uses and versatility for it. The one downfall of this punch is also why I bought it! It is a very large punch and will only "fit" on some items. I bought it anyway because the large-ness of the flower is what gives it such impact.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Today I went to an all day crop. I assembled these Get Well cards for my stamp clubs' swap.
All of the individual pieces were cut with my Cricut. The iron gate and shadow were cut from the Ornamental Iron cartridge. The flower was from the Picturesque cart. The border with the Hurry and be well phrase was designed in Design Studio using a border from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cartridge. Basically, I used one border right side up and one upside down and merged them, then elongated them to fit the card front.
The shaded images were edged with Tim Holtz's Distress inks and applicator.
This was a fun card to make and I enjoyed all of the steps. I had spent time with a ball stylus "cupping" all of the flower petals but once put in an envelope they lose a lot of their dimension.